Well, the start of week 3 had a snag in it. I was so sick, could not exercise for about 5 days. I did drink Shakeology everyday, I believe that it helped me recover quicker by giving me the vitamins and nutrients my body needed. I drank a lot of water this week, so so excited that I am doing so much better with that! I am drinking about 70 ounces of water a day...WooHoo!
I lost 3 more pounds this week, my eating habits are starting to form, larger quantities of veggies on my plate. Fruits are my snacks, eating grapefruit, watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe, drinking my shake everyday, and eating plain Greek Yogurt a couple times a week. I always ate salad every night, but I would add salad dressings now I only use a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. For St Patrick's Day I made Corned Beef and Cabbage.....I love..love cabbage! I had one piece of meat and ate the cabbage, carrots with the broth as a soup.
Started eating sweet potatoes, I was not always a fan of sweet potatoes always ate the white potatoes. Sweet potatoes have great health benefits- great source of vitamin C, high in vitamin B6, they contain iron, good source of potassium.
Another favorite veggie of mine is Broccoli Rabe....sautéed with a little olive oil and fresh garlic and lemon. -broccoli rabe is packed with potassium, iron, calcium, and dietary fiber as well as vitamins A, C and B.
I am feeling so much better now, and ready for a new week!
Always keep in mind your food choices affect your health, good nutrition is so very important to leading a healthy lifestyle. Being active through out the day will help burn calories.